The Pullman League of Women Voters will host an ISSUE FORUM on October 15th at 7:00 PM at Trinity Lutheran Church in Pullman. The address is 1300 NE Lybecker Road.
Speakers for and against all four of the state initiatives on the ballot will be present to debate these important issues. There will be time to take questions from the audience.
- Initiative 940: Requires specific training for law enforcement and changes the standards for use of deadly force.
- Initiative 1631: Establishes a carbon fee and funds environmental programs.
- Initiative 1634: Prohibits local governments from enacting taxes on groceries.
- Initiative 1639: Implements changes to gun ownership and purchase requirements.
The League will host a CANDIDATE FORUM on October 18th at 7:00 PM at Trinity Lutheran Church. The candidate forum will feature the three contest county races. Candidates will give introductory remarks and then take questions from the audience.
- County Commissioner: Michael Largent and John-Mark Mahnkey
- Auditor: Sandy Jamison and Eric Fejeran
- Treasurer: Mark Clinton and Chris Nelson
Everyone is invited to attend and take part in this important part of the election process!
Community Outreach Coordinator